Thursday, June 12, 2008

And more

This "trust" theme keeps popping up. Here's another quote from a not quite so famous person as John Piper, but wonderfully said all the same. She lost her first baby a year ago and her second child is due two days after the anniversary date of that loss. Oh, for clarity, this was not written to me.
"I am so thankful that God is going to take a terrible day and hopefully give me such joy. Like you, I am still grieving the loss of my first child, but your words were so helpful as I went through those dark days. . . . I have enjoyed every moment of this pregnancy, knowing that God could allow it to end at any time, but that He would also bring me through that as well...stronger than before. I must admit that we didn't paint the nursery or put furniture together or even complete a registry until well into the 3rd trimester, but it wasn't because I didn't trust God. He had just taught me that He is in control here, and that these babies are not mine, but His. And if I am not meant to take care of them here on earth, I can't imagine anyone better than their Heavenly Father."

In thinking more about trust over the past couple of days, my mind has gone to the "next step". What is next if I do trust? What does my life look like if I trust? One word has come to mind over and over: Hope. If I (or you) truly trust, do we now entrust our hopes and dreams to God? Do we now dare to hope?

No comments: